Monday 24 March 2008

Mobile Phone Website

This one was another site for the same guy as yesterday's post. He obviously thought he was onto a good thing - finding a cheap webdesigner who could quickly put together sites for him.

I do have my own (older!!!) version of a similar mobile phone site. I've used adsense, leaflets and other forms of advertising to promote it and got plenty of commission from it - more profit than he was paying me to build a site for him. But again, like yesterday, he expected me to build a site and it to run automatically for him, at no effort or cost.

It's sad because it was a good website and did instantly start getting search engine visitors. But with no work, a phone site quickly goes stale and loses the interest of the search engines. I did try to get him using simple techniques such as news or a blog, but he didn't have the time and patience. It was expected that it would only take me to build him a couple of web sites and then he could become a millionaire.

If only it was that easy! But for the sake of a few adverts, the website failed. It wouldn't have taken much - just a small google campaign or some pop under advertising.

No comments: